Nothing Beats A Real Agent
7/21/2008 9:55:22 AM Link
| Add comment
Most agents have:
1. Knowledge of various forms of transportation to the suggested destination; knowledge about the destination and knowledge about the carrier / tour op;
2. Most on-line systems aren't bonded or offer financial security other than those offered by a credit card company;
3. What travel agent has long pages of terms and conditions? These are only necessary when a business seeks to escape, or minimize, liability;
4. On-line bookers are useless at booking multi-segment flights. I always test them with a Quebec City or Winnipeg start point and a destination of Phnom Penh, Cambodia or Vientiane, Laos. I bet none will offer either optimal routing (avoiding the USA) or the cheapest flights;
5. A real live travel agent can offer many services, either unavailable or only with hassles from on-line hustlers, before, during and after a journey. Although I use my hand / cell phone for booking domestic / regional flights, I always use a real live agent, in Canada which is on the opposite side of the world from where I live, and have done for 30+ years, because I know a quick e-mail will get any problems sorted out by the time I hot my e-mail at my next airport;
6. Many on-line ticket sellers scrape the dregs of seats so they can fill every seat, for hidden financial benefits from the carriers, whereas a travel agent gets better seating.
7, No on-line system will hold a clients travel requests for days or weeks whilst it checks out many carrier / routing options as a real live travel agent can. They operate in real-time which is not always the most optimal way of purchasing travel.
Guidebooks are dated when they hit the bookstands, particularly the one owned by the BBC.
Real live travel agents have so many ways to better the on-line majors.
ManagingPartner-Special Projects, VirtuallyThere.ca
11 July 2008, 22:11:37 GMT
Urgent BA Sale !!! Purchase by 7/6
7/3/2008 11:12:58 AM Link
| Add comment
BRITISH AIRWAYS IS HAVING AN INDEPENDENCE DAY SALE!
FLY TO LONDON
New York (JFK and Newark), Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore OR Washington DC
FOR just $1776
* round–trip plus taxes
That's an unheard of $888* each way, when you travel through December 31, 2008.
DON'T DELAY! YOU MUST PURCHASE BY JULY 6TH!
To price an itinerary,
WE HAVE MANY OTHER DESTINATION CITIES WITH LOW QUOTES! JUST ASK!
BOOK WITH US AND ASK ABOUT YOUR ANNUAL AMERICAN EXPRESS CARD MEMBER REWARD
ON THIS BOOKING!
CALL NOW! 800-435-8776
*Terms and conditions of BA July 2nd-6th Sale
- Redesigned Club World is being rolled out across our fleet and is currently only available from JFK, Chicago, Washington DC, Los Angeles, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle and San Francisco.
- If you book through a British Airways call centre, you will be charged an additional $20 per ticket for processing.
- $1776 price shown is round–trip including fuel, based on select 21–day advance purchase, midweek (Sunday - Wednesday) Club World business class fare from New York (JFK and Newark), Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore or Washington DC to London for travel through December 31, 2008 on British Airways only.
- $888 price shown is each way including fuel, based on round–trip, select 21–day advance purchase midweek (Sunday - Wednesday) Club World (business class) fare from New York (JFK and Newark), Boston, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Baltimore or Washington DC to London for travel through December 31, 2008 on British Airways only.
- Price may vary for other travel dates, from other departure cities and to other destinations.
- Valid for new bookings only made during the promotional period July 2 – 6, 2008 only.
- Offer valid for travel July 23 – December 31, 2008 only.
- All fares are subject to government approval and do not include government fees and taxes of approximately $265 plus a $2.50 September 11th Security Fee.
- Minimum stay Saturday night. Maximum stay 11 months.
- Weekend (Thursday - Saturday) surcharge of $30 applies each way
- Prices advertised are subject to availability.
- Free room upgrade is valid for new bookings only made during the promotional period July 2 – 6, 2008 when purchasing a transatlantic flight originating in the US in our Club World business class cabin for travel July 23 – December 31, 2008 only.
- Free room upgrade is only available at selected London hotels and room types. You must book the upgraded room type, which will reflect the free upgrade in its prices.
- Offer subject to availability.
- Other significant restrictions apply.
All prices are subject to availability in qualifying inventory. There may be restrictions regarding changes and cancellations.
Important! These offers may be time-sensitive. All promotions/pricing are subject to availability at the time of booking.
Fares are seasonal, subject to change and do not include taxes or fuel charges. The prices on this page are approximate due to extremely frequent fare changes. Please call for current fares.